Ten Places In Louisiana You Need To Visit In 2017
If your New Year's resolution was to go on more adventures there's no need to book a flight out of the country, or even the state, because Louisiana is filled with places to explore.
Only In Your State cranked out posts about Louisiana in 2016, and after all of the list's on places to eat and sites to see they realized how many places there are to discover all over the Bayou State. They compiled a list of some of their favorite spots to explore, which you can check out on their website, but here are my favorite ten destinations on their list.
- The Beauregard Parish Jail in DeRidder, Louisiana is absolutely beautiful to look at, but the "Gothic Jail" has a creepy history that makes for a really fun adventure during Halloween.
- Louisiana Lost Lands Environmental Tours are a great way to see the breathtaking swamps and bayou's that make Louisiana one of the most gorgeous places to live.
- If you want to get a look at more than an alligator, the Global Wildlife Center in Folsom, Louisiana offers a fun way for the whole family to get up close and personal with wildlife from around the world.
- The Rip Van Winkle Gardens in New Iberia, Louisiana are filled with stunning beauty and a mesmerizing history plus you can rent cottages on the grounds, which makes for a great weekend getaway!
- If you're looking for the royal treatment, a tour of Louisiana Castle in Franklinton would be right up your alley.
- Houseboat Adventures at Cypress Cove Landing are a great way to immerse yourself in the Louisiana swamp and enjoy the finer things in life, like a big sack of crawfish in the crawfish capital of the world.
- It's not all swamps and bayou's in the Bayou State, Louisiana is also home to the Kisatchie National Forest where you can take in the sites while camping, hiking, hunting or just taking a scenic drive.
- If you head to Abbeville for the Giant Omelette Celebration in the Fall make sure you come hungry! The "5,000 egg" celebration is a multi-day event that's great for the whole family.
- No state does festivals like Louisiana, and while there are plenty to choose from, Rougarou Fest in Huoma, Louisiana is a spooky weekend you definitely do not want to miss.
- If you live in Louisiana you've probably been to New Orleans, but during next visit to NOLA make sure you stop the Music Box Village which is exactly what it sounds like, an entire village made of instruments. Plus, Music Box Village is a great place to see live music and incredible concerts.
So, fill up your gas tank, grab some snacks for the road and kick off the new year by discovering these truly amazing spots in the Bayou State.
You can check out even more places in Louisiana to discover in 2017 by checking out the full list on the Only In Your State website.