Classic Rock 92.1 Local Sports Update – February 21st, 2017
LHSAA Girls Basketball Playoffs
The second round of the LHSAA Girls Basketball playoffs took place last night with a number of Southwest Louisiana high schools in action. Here are the scores from last nights action:
(1) Barbe 67, (16) Helen Cox 43
(5) Sam Houston 49, (12) East St. John 58
(13) LaGrange 53, (4) South Lafourche 62
(2) DeRidder 41, (15) South Terrebonne 28
(1) South Beauregard 71, (17) Amite 51
(21) Iowa 52, (5) Jennings 48
(2) Iota 69, (18) B.T. Washington 63
(2) Lake Arthur 85, (15) Many 58
(13) Kinder 36, (4) Rayville 63
(19) DeQuincy 41, (3) North Caddo 73
(11) Oakdale 34, (6) Madison Prep 55
(17) Basile 41, (1) Arcadia 78
(8) Elton 34, (9) Lincoln Preparatory School 70
(15) East Beauregard 31, (2) Merryville 83
(9) Lacassine 64, (8) Hathaway 69
(8) Singer 38, (9) Reeves 42
(12) Johnson Bayou 51, (5) Saline 44
(13) Starks 53, (4) Dodson 78
Quarterfinal action will take place on Thursday. The top seeded Lady Bucs will host Southwood in the 5A quarterfinals and look to clinch their berth in the LHSAA Girls Marsh Madness in Hammond. The Lady Dragons of DeRidder will be looking to do the same when they take on Huntington on Thursday night in 4A Quarterfinal action.
In the 3A quarterfinals, the top seeded Lady Knights of South Beauregard will host Brusly. The cinderella story of 3A is twenty-first seeded Iowa. They will host Ville Platte Thursday night. The second seed, Iota, will host Madison on Thursday night. In the 2A quarterfinals, the second seeded Lady Tigers of Lake Arthur will host Doyle.
In the 1A Quarterfinals, Merryville will host Tensas. In the Class B quarterfinals, Hathaway will travel to take on the top seed, Florien. In the Class C Quarterfinals, Reeves will host the top seeded Plainview and Johnson Bayou will host Dodson.
After a 3-0 start to the season, the McNeese baseball team will hit the road tonight and head up to North Louisiana as they take on the UL-Monroe Warhawks. The Warhawks are 1-2 on the season after dropping two out of three to Dallas Baptist this past weekend. First pitch for the game is set for 6:00.
LSU baseball also returns to action tonight after their 3-0 start to the season. They will be traveling east down Interstate 10 to take on the University of New Orleans. The Privateers are also off to a 3-0 start this season after sweeping the MLB Urban Youth Invitational in New Orleans this past weekend. First pitch for that game will be at 6:30.